Coaching Programs and Packages
First Meeting Details
1-hour session starting in 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th grades (add 11th grade). If we decide we are a good match, the initial fee of $350 will be applied towards the overall package. During this meeting we usually go over the following:
- An overview of what it takes today to get into a great college
- A look at where you child is on the star, in terms of GPA, challenge, leadership, volunteer service, passion (talent), and testing.
- A way of finding out where there are gaps in your child’s high school resume and a strategy to close those gaps.
At end of the 60 minutes, you will have the outline of a good plan to help them reach the next level. If we choose to work together, my job becomes coaching them to get to that next level so that colleges choose them over the thousands that apply each fall
While I occasionally do hourly work (@$350 per hour), it is much better for a student to bond, focus and work with me over the long term.
What's Included in My Program
Program includes (depending on grade and issues needed) help with:
- Testing Advice (SATs, ACTs)
- High School course selection
- Leadership development
- Volunteer development
- Talent development
- Challenge development
- Awards and Honors development
- Summer choices–workshops, competitive camps, internships, longer volunteer experiences at home or abroad, etc.
- Early College Programs–USC, Bard etc.
- Interviewing skills
- College Choice
- College Programs–Coop, 3/2 programs, accelerated med and engineering schools, 5 year BS/MS programs etc.
- College Tours
- Development of story and irresistible essays
- 2 min. Elevator Speech
- Early Decision, etc.
- Filling out and Bullet proofing applications
- Scholarship Portfolio
- Financial Aid & scholarships, etc.
- Whatever else comes up or is needed
9th — $4500
10th grade — $4500
11th grade — $5500
12th grade — $6500
With a down payment, you can pay me monthly year by year or for 4 years.
Latest Blog Posts
Current information and strategies about getting into the best colleges with the best $$
The Secret to Getting Great College Scholarships: Part One
Are you like most parents I know, looking for scholarships in all the wrong places? In this blog I am going to reveal to you an ocean of scholarships right there for the taking. 1. The Ocean of...
The Secret to Getting Great College Scholarships: Part Two
Okay, okay, Dr. Barb, you're saying, we get it! Merit money for the colleges is much easier to get than trying for impossibly difficult national scholarships so we should focus on them. Yes,...
The 8 Biggest Mistakes Parents Make About Getting Financial Aid
What's the problem? College tuition, room & board are going up by 15% each year (USA Today Report, 6/20/12) at a time when it is already unbelievably expensive (Ivy Leagues $230,000 for four...